- Van Houten
- Cacao Barry
- Barry Callebaut
1. Perling Indah
Perling Indah has the largest variety of chocolate available in JB that I know of. You might notice that I might be a little biased towards Perling Indah as compared to other baking shops in JB, but that’s really because I stay near this shop and I can’t say for the prices in the other shops!
- Here are some prices:
- Van Houten – RM9.20 for a 150g ‘baking chocolate’ bar
- Beryl white/dark/milk chocolate compound – RM15.80/kg
- Beryl 62% chocolate buttons – RM50/kg
- Tulip – RM16.50/kg
- Tropica chocolate compound – RM15/kg
- Le Bourne chocolate compound – RM16.50/kg
- Selbourne milk/dark chocolate compound – RM18/kg
- Callebaut – RM140 for a 2.5kg pack (53.8%)
- Cacao Barry – RM58/kg
- SICAO milk/dark block – RM62 for a 1.5kg pack, RM72 for a 2.5kg pack
- Cacao Barry amber cocoa powder – RM78/kg
2. Aeroshield JB
- Aeroshield has its headquarters in KL at Pandan Indah (check out its website here). If getting it in JB, contact Mr Danny Lai at 010 6623542.
- Here are some prices:
- Callebaut dark coverture – RM97.50 for a 2.5kg pack
- Callebaut cocoa powder – RM40/kg (available only in 5kg pack)
- Cacao Barry extra brute cocoa powder – RM50/kg
- SICAO 70% chocolate callets – RM45 for a 1.5kg pack
- Pastry Pro is located in Kepong. Check out its website here.
- It only carries Felchlin, which is a Swiss brand. Felchlin Maracaibo 65% retails for about RM22.35 for 250g pack.
- Just as a comparison, Felchlin retails at ToTT in Singapore for $72/2kg, and this is the smallest size available.
This is an online only retail shop, which provides free delivery for purchases above RM250. If I’m not wrong, it is the only place in KL to get Valrhona chocolate. It sells a whole lot of other things too, such as gourmet cheeses and pasta, at pretty cheap prices.
Here are some prices:
Valrhona Manjari (64%) / Jivara (40%) / Ivory Buttons – RM25/200g; RM108/kg
Valrhona Guanaja (70%) also available but prices not online.
5. Classic Fine Foods
I also found this website which appears to retail Valrhona chocolate, but the e-shopping website is under construction for the longest time, so erm..call them if you really want to know if they sell Valrhona?
6. Artisan Supplies
- Pei-Lin graciously provided details of this shop she frequents in KL, where you can get quality branded chocolate (no Valrhona) as well as frozen purees.
- Their fb page is here. See her comment below for more details!