What kinds of customizations do you offer?
All our products are fully customizable. This means that you can customize anything, beginning from the types of ingredients used, the taste, size and design of the finished product. Our products are generally “less sweet” (which means you can eat more of it without feeling sick of sugar), and known for their fluffy (or spongy), tender and moist textures. This should not be mistaken as blandness, because we are able to create something to your desired sweetness.
Please check out our menu to see what customizations you request.
In terms of ingredients, the following options are offered:
- Organic: All products can be made 100% organic. This means that every ingredient that goes into your order will be certified organic by the relevant authorities. This will include organic butter, eggs, flour, milk and sugar. Kosher salt will be used in all organic baking. Ingredients can also be made with Fair Trade ingredients.
- Egg-free: Suitable for persons who are allergic to egg whites or egg yolks.
- Dairy-free (or casein free): No milk products (butter, cream, yogurt) will be used. You can opt for the option of using rice, soy or almond milk. Alternatively, organic goat’s milk can be used as well (not that this is not a dairy-free option).
- Sugar-free: Products can be made refined sugar-free and diabetic friendly if required. Diabetic friendly products are typically made with xylitol, but you may choose the option of agave nectar, brown rice syrup or stevia.
- Vegan: Separate baking equipment will be used to handle vegan baking. No animal products or animal by-products will be used in vegan products. Vegan butter (Earth balance or other similar products) or coconut oil will be used where appropriate, together with almond/soy milk and egg replacers, if required. Any chocolate used will not contain any dairy products.
- Soy-free: Most of our products are soy-free, but let us know if you are sensitive to soy and we will take extra care to sterilize the baking area and to make sure that the product is safe for you to consume!
At present, we offer products which do not include nuts. Other products with nuts do not have the option of being nut-free because of the risk of contamination.
All our products are chemicals and preservative-free. Even if you do opt for a non-organic product, the baking powder that may be used in the product will be organic, and most importantly, aluminium free. We also use homemade vanilla extract, made from the best vanilla pods from Tahiti.
We use raw sugar in all our products, and if requested, we are able to substitute a wide range of organic sugars (which includes Demerara/Muscovado/Turbinado sugar). Most of the flour used in our products are unbleached, and can be organic. We are unable to offer an unbleached version of cake/pastry flour at the moment. However, you may choose to substitute wholemeal cake/pastry flours.
Do you sell gluten-free products?
We are able to bake products which are wheat-free and gluten-free. However, do note that because these products are baked in an environment where flours with gluten are handled and while all effort is made to sterilize the environment, there still remains a possibility of contamination. As such, we advise that people with life-threatening allergies should avoid these gluten-free products. We do however welcome individuals who are opting to try out a gluten-free product or without gluten sensitivities to try out our gluten-free products.
Are your products Halal?
Our products are not certified Halal but no pork or lard is used in the baked goods. Do enquire for more details.
How long can I keep the products?
As our products do not contain chemicals (other than baking powder or baking soda) or preservatives, their shelf life will be relatively shorter, as compared to other commercially made goods. Butter cakes are best consumed within 3 days of purchase, and we recommend that they be stored in refrigerated conditions to ensure freshness of product. Cookies may be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a month. As different products have different lifespans, you will find details on consumption and storage of your chosen product upon ordering.
Will my cake look exactly like the sample photos on your website?
While all effort is made to ensure that the products you receive are uniform, because all products are individually handmade, the final design and appearance of the product you receive may vary slightly.
Do you provide delivery services?
We prefer self collection from our kitchen in Sydney’s west (near West Ryde/Epping). Delivery services are subject to availability, and we will use a third party courier to deliver the baked products to you. Once dispatched from our kitchen, we will not take any responsibility to any damage to the baked products.
Postage is also available for cookies, madeleines and financiers.
I would like to place an order. What do I do now?
If you require a standard cake/cookie, do place your order at least 3 days (72 hours) in advance. All other customized products have to be ordered at least one week in advance. Click on the “ORDER” button on the tab above and let us know your fancy. Once we have ironed out the details of what you want and delivery or collection details and you will receive an order confirmation. We require you to place a 50% deposit within 7 days. Please note that your order is not confirmed until the deposit is received. Should you choose to cancel your order, this deposit will be forfeited. You may make amendments to your order, subject to surcharges and a reasonable notice period.